5th April 1950. View of Meanwood Towers off Stonegate Road. The house was built in 1867 by Edward W. Pugin for Thomas Stuart Kennnedy. Thomas Kennedy also commissioned a Schultze organ for his wife and an organ house was completed in May 1869. It was centrally heated, built of wood and designed to seat 800 people. Due to problems with controlling the heating of the building and maintenance as well as the ill health of his wife the instrument was sold in 1877. It was then installed in St. Peter's Church, Harrogate but two years later sold again and presented to St. Bartholomew's Church, Armley.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.