1925. Pictured are a group of prefects at Leeds City Training College, Beckett Park. They are, from left: Madge Ashworth, Ida Rukin, Marion McUttie, Winnie Fitton.
City of Leeds Training College was opened in 1913 on the grounds of the former Kirkstall Grange Estate, sold by the Beckett family in 1908 to Leeds City Council. Used as a military hospital in WW1 and WW2, it merged with Carnegie College of P.E. in 1968. It became Leeds Polytechnic in 1976, then Leeds Metropolitan University in 1992 and Leeds Beckett University in 2014.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.