Undated. View shows the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel building on Calverley Road, Oulton, near the junction with North Lane. A smaller chapel was built here in 1826, and the current larger building was constructed around 1874. During the Second World War it was used as a food store by the government, and in 1949 was sold to a paint manufacturing company. The top part of the tower was destroyed by a fire in the 1960s. In 1970 the building was bought by Group Northern Design for use as a design studio, and was refurbished inside and externally.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.