Undated. View shows the platform of Guiseley railway station, looking south. The station opened in 1865, under the Midland Railway, with a connection to Bradford via Shipley constructed in 1876. Services to Otley continues until 1965 when the Arthington & Menston line closed in the Beeching cuts. Three bridges can be seen from the platform, a footbridge, and road bridges on Oxford Road, and furthest away, Springfield Road. The station is still in operation, although the original buildings were demolished in 1974, and a new ticket office built.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.