Undated. View of the north platform at Gildersome railway station, on the Great Northern Railway (GNR). This was one of two railway stations at Gildersome, the other being further north on the Heaton Lodge & Wortley Line, near Philadelphia Quarry. The Leeds-Bradford line was opened in 1846, and closed to passengers in 1955, with the line being removed in 1968. The line ran through a tunnel just to the west of the station. The area is now a major road junction.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.