Undated. View of the platform looking West. In the centre is the road bridge on Aberford Road, unusual in that it is built at a slanting angle. The Leeds-Selby branch or the NER railway opened in 1834, with the original station buildings being replaced by those in the photo in 1872. The buildings on the right, and those beyond the bridge, have been demolished. The station buildings now house the booking office, a taxi firm, and a cafe. Timetables can be seen on the wall, with destinations including York, Malton, Scarborough, Selby, and Leeds.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.