View shows a class of pupils at Whingate Road School, presumably taken in the school grounds. Among the girls pictured is Nancy Atkin. The school opened as Whingate Council School in 1886 and was situated on Whingate Road between Conference Place and Claremont Terrace. It remained there until 1989 when it was replaced by a new Whingate Primary School on the opposite side of the road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.