1st July 1914,
The Town Hall is on the market place. This present building dates from 1845. It replaced an old courthouse. This, with an adjacent Chapel of Ease, were demolished for the erection of the Town Hall. The cost of £1,300 was raised by public subscription. The Town Hall has had a variety of uses, including country court, assembly room, reading room, prison and Church School.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.